Changing go-kart tires can be a bit of a process, but with the right tools and some practice, it can be done relatively easily. Here are the general steps to change go-kart tires:
- Gather the necessary tools: You will need a tire bead breaker, tire scissors and some tire lube to help with refitting.
- Loosen the bead screws: Use the socket set to loosen the wheel nuts on the wheel you want to change, then use the necessary tools to loosen the bead screws to release air from the tire.
- Remove the wheel: Once the wheel nuts are loose, remove the wheel from the kart by pulling it off the hub.
- Break the bead: Use the bead breaker to break the bead on the tire. This will make it easier to remove the tire from the rim.
- Remove the tire: Use the tire scissors to pry the tire off the rim, being careful not to damage the rim in the process.
- Install the new tire: Place the new tire on the rim and use the tire scissors to work the tire onto the rim. Make sure the tire is seated properly on the rim.
- Inflate the tire: Use an air compressor to inflate the tire to the recommended pressure. You will normally hear two pops, (one for each side of the rim) when the tyre has popped onto the rim.
- Reinstall the wheel: Place the wheel back on the hub, and use the socket set to tighten the wheel nuts and adjust your tire pressure to suit.
- Repeat the process: Repeat the process for the remaining tires.
It's important to use the proper safety precautions, and to follow the instructions provided by the tire and wheel manufacturers.