There are a few things you can do to drive a rental kart fast:
- Learn the track: Familiarize yourself with the layout of the track and the best racing line. This will help you optimize your speed and manoeuvrability.
- Adjust your body position: Make sure you are sitting in the kart correctly and have a comfortable grip on the steering wheel. This will give you better control over the kart and allow you to make quicker turns.
- Use the accelerator effectively: Accelerate quickly and fully release the accelerator when approaching a turn. This will help you maintain your speed and keep the kart stable.
- Brake correctly: Use the brake pedal with precision and avoid locking the wheels, as rental karts don’t have the horsepower once a kart has slowed down too much.
- Practice: The more you drive the kart, the more comfortable and confident you will become. This will help you push yourself to drive faster and improve your lap times. Also watch the fast drivers, see where they are braking, turning and accelerating then try replicate that for yourself!
- Follow the rules: Follow the rules of the track, obey all signs and flags, and avoid any dangerous manoeuvres that could put yourself or other drivers at risk.
Keep in mind that driving a rental kart fast requires not only skill and knowledge of the racetrack, but also the right attitude and respect for other drivers and the equipment. If you need help driving fast in a rental kart, we have a rental kart program specifically for you here.